Joe Monti

Sunday, December 08, 2002

You want what I got?

On the subject of Open Source, If you want any of the functionality of my site you can email me [ joe AT joemonti . org ] and I will send you the source. It's all done in PHP and MySQL and is protected under the GNU GPL (General Public License). I would have made a page dedicated to this subject, but I'm not anticipating the response would warrant the action.

The only part I could imagine anyone would want is the web log system. I think its actually pretty good. It supports authenticated posting, maximum post length display in the main listing, user comments, multiple pages; everything I could want in a Blog.

There's also the page comments. I can make a page commentable (i've been putting them in my /var/spool pages) just by including a php script in the page.

Also on the front page I export my currently playing mp3 with the help of an XMMS plugin and perl script on my main computer. I didn't do much of the work to make this possible, but I can tell you how it was done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home