Joe Monti

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Major Server Upgrade

It's about bloody time ... My server has finally been upgraded from the 7-year old 350MHz PII. Its served me well, but it has had better days. I have had this 1.4GHz Athlon box sitting around (my bro's old PC) for a while, and had started setting it up several months ago, but I now finally finished the transition. It was prompted by my old server's hard drive running out of space so I stopped by Best Buy and picked up a new 160GB 7200RPM hard rive ($42.84 after rebates, a great deal). I was just going to add the new HD into the old server, but I thought I might as well just install the new HD into the new(er) box. The upgrade took a while but went without a hitch. Once I had the old OS copied over to the new HD all I had to do was to recompile my kernel with the new server's hardware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home